What are you? The Homefront expert? Or a Homefront newbie? If you raise your hand and admit that you suck in the Homefront multiplayer, read on. And even if you feel you play better than the majority, it might be something to learn here for you too.
Homefront Multiplayer 101 Tips and Video Guide
Battlestrats.com offers tons of good information for people who want to become a better gamer. With a focus on the novice, they have put together a guide that so far includes two videos and some general tips. Click on the link below to learn more about, among other things, this:
- Why it’s important to spend time setting up each class completely
- Why you should not be afraid to use drones and vehicles, even if you have only been a foot soldier in other games
- Be aware of the game’s settings, particularly sensitivity
- Why it may occasionally be necessary to commit suicide
How to be a solid support player for your team
The Parrot drone (RQ-10) can both make the day miserable for your opponents and make you the hero of your own team. In the following video, you will learn this:
- What to include in the class loadout to create a super-drone
- How to fly the drone effectively
- Why you should fly the drone as low as possible and not as high as possible
Homefront general multiplayer tactics
Next up is a blog post stripped of long and unnecessary explanations. Instead, you get short and meaningful tips on what to do, to do better in the multiplayer. This is some of what you learn:
- How to spot a sniper
- What part of the vehicles you should attack
- What an EMP grenade does to opponents vehicles
How Not to be a noob
Even good CoD and Halo players can quickly become a noob when a new FPS is inserted in the console or PC. If you have smelled the bitter taste of noob in Homefront, the following video will remove some of the worst aftertaste. xRegardsx offers a good introduction to some elements that separates the Homefront multiplayer from other games and says among other things, more about this:
- Battle Points are the essence of the Homefront multiplayer. What should you do to collect as many of them as possible?
- Why you should destroy the opponents’ drones and helicopters as soon as possible
- If you are playing objective and are holding the object – what you should do to keep opponents away from the objective for as long as possible.
How to get more kills – tips, tricks & tactics for online multiplayer
ProfessorWhizz has also made a video with the beginner in mind and talk about topics that include:
- Why burst firing is less important in the Homefront multiplayer than in other games (e.g. Call of Duty games)
- Get familiar with all the maps as quickly as possible
- Why you should hide well when you initiate a killstreak such as a drone or a helicopter
- Rushing and Spawn Trapping is difficult in Homefront
You still need more?
- Homefront Multiplayer Strategy Guide – Lots of information for those who want to know more about the Homefront Multiplayer. Includes a good description of what the Battle Points are.
- Homefront Multiplayer Guide – A very comprehensive introduction to the Homefront multiplayer. The article covers most of what you need to know.