The Olympia, the Stakeout, the Spas-12 or the HS10 will require a different tactic. For example, the shotguns have not at all the same range as an assault rifle. But up close these weapons are monsters.
Not long ago I found a video from baefed on YouTube. It showed how he plays with Spas-12. This was an eye opener. I used his advice and soon I had an almost equally good K/D as I had with any other weapon.
Would you like some shotgun fun in Black Ops?
This is what you get to know more about in this video:
- baefed uses mostly Lightweight, Steady Aim and Hacker or Marathon with shotguns.
- Steady Aim is particularly useful. Hip firing a shotgun is for the most part more effective than Aiming Down the Sight.
- Be smart. Remember that shotguns have a very limited range. Avoid large open areas where you are more exposed.
- The quality of your internet connection can mean a lot. If you have four bars, you can usually play more aggressively than if you only have two or three bars. This applies to most of the weapons in Black Ops, by the way.
- Pull back after you have taken out an enemy. Give yourself time to reload. Make sure you always have enough rounds in your magazine before continuing.